(Ăn)thology seeks to publish the work of Vietnamese and women-identifying artists (aged 18-29) exploring Vietnamese food and culture. We welcome submissions from any artist at any level of experience.
This anthology in print and digital, will be in English and Vietnamese, and shared with the public through a launch event celebrating the artists and community members featured. Leading up to the launch event, the cohort and project co-facilitators will host and organize a guest speaker series inviting Vietnamese women leaders from the food and arts industry in conversation with selected youth artists.
We suggest that submitted artwork should explore one or more of the following themes: Memories/Nostalgia, Familial Ties/Traditions, Love, Recipes, Fusion.
Below are some guiding creative prompts for you to potentially consider:
- How does Vietnamese food make you feel?
- Do you have a favourite recipe? How would you share that with others?
- What makes a dish Vietnamese?
- How does food intersect with your culture and identity?
Thank you to everyone who submitted to the (Ăn)thology Project! Applications are now closed.
Selected submissions will be informed of our decision by Monday, January 9, 2023.
Who can apply?
We welcome submissions from Vietnamese and women-identifying artists (aged 18-29) that reside in Canada. Please note, we will be prioritizing submissions from those based in the Greater Toronto Area.
What will participants get from this program?
- Learn from and connect with fellow project leads, anthology participants, and guest speakers
- Join a community to engage in conversations and connect with EPN collective and other artists
- Receive a $75 honorarium (Canadian dollars).
- Each selected participant will receive a final copy of the photobook and will be actively involved in the planning process of the event launch.
- Have their artist profile highlighted on EPN’s social media
What types of art are we looking for?
We will be accepting all printable art mediums including (but not limited to): poems, short stories (max 500 words), illustrations, paintings, mixed medium art, photography, and more.
Guidelines for art submission:
- Work should be original artwork that has not been previously published. Minimum resolution of 300 DPI and as JPEG/PNG/PDF.
- Written pieces should be no more than 500 words.
* * *